Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Baby Yoda Crochet Amigurumi

I recently made Baby Yoda with a pattern I purchased from craftyiscoolcrochet on Etsy. Unfortunately, it appears that pattern is not longer listed for sale on Etsy, however. The pattern was very easy to follow, and was a lot of fun to make! I did have two issues with it though.

Firstly, the pattern suggested using Buttercream Alpaca Sage yarn, which I did use. The yarn was beautiful and soft. However, I didn't buy enough of it, and when I went back to the store to buy more, there was no more. I came to find out that this particular yarn was not being made anymore. As a result, I had to go on a long hunt to find more, and eventually I found some. The other thing that was difficult was making the "coat" for Baby Yoda. It was made out of textured brown yarn, and it was impossible to see the stitches. So, I had to crochet by feel. The first row was the hardest when I was crocheting into the chain. However, I enjoyed how that yarn made the coat look so much, that now I'm working on making a stuffed bear using that type of yarn.

Baby Yoda turned out so well! It is life sized, and very soft. I made it as a gift for my husband, who also likes Baby Yoda a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment